I had a wonderful time at the 2011 New Year kick-off sales meeting at our North Attleboro Office, led by Sherrell Prefontaine. The office was adorned with festive reminders that it is a new year and a time to rejoice and celebrate new opportunities.
As I entered the room, Sherrell put a Hawaiian lei and red beads around my neck and we settled in for a couple of great, upbeat presentations. Dick Cahill, RVP and executive for our company, began the meeting with ideas for an outreach campaign to alert renters that they may be able to afford a home. It was eye-opening to realize how much buying power the median rental payments for the North Attleboro area could allow.
I then chatted a bit with the group about how important it is for them to write down their professional goals. I shared a statistic I had come across that indicated that only 3 percent of the population actually makes written goals. The article also said that this same 3 percent is more successful than the other 97% of the population. I also shared some exciting and uplifting stats that I had read in the newspaper recently, which pointed to a much healthier housing market for the upcoming year.
Present for the meeting were N. Attleboro team members Linda Ganci, Sue Sindoni, Kelly Benoit, George Cuddy, Paula Rando, Linda Cobb, and Martin Lamoureux. During the session, Sherrell asked each of her agents to jot down their most important goal for 2011, which was a lot of fun and gave us some good ideas to talk about.
The morning concluded with a toast of sparkling grape juice in colorful plastic champagne glasses and a lunch, courtesy of Martin Lamoureux, who won lunch for his office from the local Panera Bread!
The enthusiasm, spirit and professionalism that I witnessed that day in North Attleboro will surely make this office a winner in the year ahead.